Assignment 6.1 - Alpha
I am addressing the following: a service that helps users travel like locals while on vacation. You can read more about my gap, and its exploration in Week 2.
2. PRIMARY USER NEEDS
- The service is easy to use
- The service helps me locate the places to visit
- (!) The service makes me sound like a local
- (!) The service makes me look like a local
- The service uses “reputable” information
- The service allows for open exchange between users
- The service can be accessed in multiple ways
- The service is fun to use
- The service helps users plan a vacation
3. ALPHA PROTOTYPE
Here is a link to my Alpha prototype.
- Email me at email@example.com if you have trouble viewing this prototype. Or view the gallery below.
- When you click on the link, you should see a screen like the one in the image below.
- Note, on a phone you need to click the link that says "try this mockup in the browser".
- I have tried this on Chrome and Safari browsers with success. On Firefox the type and images render strangely, so please use Chrome if possible.
A couple of notes as you click through:
- SHOWN AS APP. For ease, I've made my travel service as an app for right now. Ideally this service is a website or even a business with a physical aspect, but for now, an app it is.
- LINK FUNCTIONALITY. I've made live text red, for the most part. If you see red text, you can click that to get to a new screen. If you notice your circle cursor turns blue, then you've found a link as well! I couldn't make the buttons or icons red, so please look for a change in the cursor. Please realise that this is an app you can click through, but you can't really interact with. Yet.
- WORK-IN-PROGRESS. This is still very rough. I think it's about 50% of the way to a Beta prototype. I have focused on functionality more than design. Though I still have a lot to do in terms of functionality and design, I hope this is a good first pass to help you understand the concept.
- FURTHER REFINEMENTS. Between now and the Beta prototype, I plan to build out what the experience is like for a local. I'll consider what it's like to upload an itinerary, and perhaps build a profile. I'd also like to look at how the user can exert more control over the itineraries through bookmarking features or other customization features.